In Torres del Paine it is possible to experience all four seasons … in one day! For this reason, it is very important to wear appropriate clothing for every occasion and be protected against strong gusts of wind, rain and even snow.
- Synthetic pola cap (dries faster than wool).
- Polar Neck or bandana
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- Sun block factor 45 minimum
- Dry fit T-shirt: the advantage of special fibers is that they dry very fast and the body doesn’t cool.
- Polar jacket or fleece: not to be missed, protects against the wind.
- Waterproof Jacket: Gore-tex protects from rain while allowing sweat to evaporate so the body doesn’t cool.
- Polar gloves: wear two pairs ideally.
- Fast drying fiber legs or tights
- Waterproof pants (Gore-tex)
- Shorts for hot temperatures
- Polar Pants for campsites
- Down jacket for campsites
- Polar or polypropylene socks.
- Hiking shoes: preferably short-leg ones.Try them at least one week in advance to check comfort.
- Slippers: for the base campsites and for resting your feet.
- Gaiters (optional): to cover the bottom of the trousers and boots and prevent mud, water or snow penetrating into the socks.
- Sleeping bag: in Patagonia the only thing that works without concern is synthetic fiber. Sleeping bags from 0 ° to 20 ° are sufficient.
- Insulating Mat: Portable and lightweight, insulates the cold and humid soil. You can lease ones in Puerto Natales or with the same tourist agencies.